Thursday, May 15, 2014

An artist

Yesterday I made a claim to my girlfriend that I had never been fired. I don't know what I was thinking to have said this. It got me thinking. What was the most ridiculous thing I ever did to get fired?

Well, this is what happened. When I was in high school my friend Jimmy and I worked as sandwich artists at a Subway. This place was worse than normal Subways. This one was in a gas station. The gas station, like so many, had a walk in freezer and cooler. People would stop, get gas and pick up a quart of milk. Of course I couldn't resist messing with these people, so my friend and I would remove all of the milk and I would crawl in and make crazy eyes until some lady would eventually scream. Sometimes we would speed that process up by reaching out at them or even in rare cases by chasing them. One day we were doing this and this cop named John came in. Well, for whatever reason John felt it necessary to tell our boss. The next day we were called back to his office and forced to listen to him preach about proper conduct or some such nonsense. He played us back video from the surveillance camera and, honestly, it was just awesome. It was really funny stuff! Of course Jimmy and I started to laugh, and of course we were fired. Whatever. Everyone loved it! I feel like the manager and maybe John the cop were the only people who didn't love it. There were even a few occasions when people would go out to the car to get their kids so we could prank them.

No comments: