Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Downton Abbey

A friend of mine recently suggested I watch Downton Abbey. I did. And now I am presented with a  choice. A hard choice.

Do I continue to watch the series and slowly let my balls atrophy? Do I drown myself in the drama of this river of estrogen and gossip? Do I continue to watch this magical marvel and become acceptant of a world where I slowly develop mammary glands, drink tea and talk like an asshole? Will I slowly give up the fight and succumb to the romantic undertow of this heavenly stream? If I am honest with myself...yes.

I already drink tea like I'm in some sort of tea drinking contest. I have always talked like a pretentious asshole. The addition of boobs and the loss of my balls I think would be a fair price to pay for this rare jewel of entertainment. Is art in its perfect form worthy of the sacrifice it asks of me? Yes, I think it is. I will watch Downton Abbey.

No comments: